End to EndDesign & Engineering Services - Concept to Delivery
KED’s core strength is its innovative approach and design expertise, enriched with decades of practical, hands-on experience and backed by a capable team and strong in-house design infrastructure. As such, KED can create unique solutions to very specific requirements, quickly and precisely.
We offer end-to-end design & engineering services, covering:
Product Optimization (Materials & Processes)
Virtual Product Testing and Validation
KED'sCenter for Excellence in Design
Lightweight monopole-type mast systems, ideally suitable for extreme-forward deployments.
Expert Designers guided by SMEs:
- Dedicated Team of 10 Qualified Engineers – Designers with an eye for detail.
- Trained and Qualified Team, proficient with various CAD Platforms
- Well-versed with and practitioners of Design Principles, DFMEA, DFM, DFA, etc.
- In-depth understanding of various Indian & International Engineering Codes & Standards
- Intensive collaboration and co-working with Production Teams to ensure ‘First-Time Right’ Designs.
Design & Engineering Infrastructure:
- Highly Powerful CAD & CAE Work Stations
- Software Licenses with Timely AMCs in Place
- Design Data Management Systems
- Dedicated Secure Design Servers & Firewalls to ensure Data Privacy & Security.
- High Resolution Projectors for Design Demonstrations and Visualizations
Design & Engineering Capabilities:
- Product Development – Concept to Production Drawings
- Design Optimization for Materials and Processes
- Solid Modelling
- Surface Modelling
- Complex Mechanical Assemblies
- Mechanized / Static Structural Design
- Machine Design
- Design of Jigs, Fixtures, Tools & Dies
- Design of Production Lines
Design & Engineering Services Portfolio
I. Value Analysis Project – AreaMax footing:
- KEDPL developed special steel-polymer concrete load-bearing members, that reduce the Soil Bearing Capacity requirements to as low as 50 kN/sq. m.
- It is made up of a pre-cast slabs therefore, no extra site preparation time is required, except the time required for levelling the ground and laying of aggregates.
- Users can take land on rent for very small durations as there is no permanent structure required to be constructed on the rented land.
- Frequent movement of the COW is possible.
- As it is modular in construction, the varying SBC requirement at the site can be adjusted by only increasing or decreasing the number of Precast composite slabs.
- This gives the User, higher degree of flexibility for deployment of the same COW on any site having any SBC values.
- It is easy to handle, requiring very little the time and therefore, cost for COW installation.
- It reduces the foundation requirement for a soil having SBC above 100 kN/m2.
II. S. P. M. – Tilt Cylinder Handling Fixture:
The ‘Tilt Cylinder Handling Trolley (HCHT)’ is a handling system, used to assist in the assembling/dismantling of Tilt Cylinder onto/from the Trailer, during the Maintenance period.
The ‘Tilt Cylinder Handling trolleys is designed to be able to carry a Hydraulic Cylinder of 2500 kg weight.
The system consists of a combination of two mobile Trolleys and Rail assembly.
- The cantilever lifting action of trolleys is achieved by use of motorized lead screw arrangement, which is controlled by hand hold Control Pendant.